MasterProtect 9000 - Highly Durable Polyurethane Coating System for offshore structures
The flexibility of the membrane ensures long term integrity even after years of exposure to marine environment, weathering, vibrations and thermal expansion cycles.
The chemical and mechanical resistance suit the severe offshore attacks of seawater, waves, abrasion, impacts, especially encountered in the splash and submerged zone.
The result is a continuous protection against steel corrosion.
MasterProtect 9000 is the first coating system for offshore structures which ensures a 25 years protection, it is based on a high-build PU membrane which provides the properties for a long durability in offshore environments.
MasterProtect 9000 is different than traditional solutions, as the Polyurethane specially formulated forms a highly hydrophobic and crack free coating ensuring the full encapsulation of the structure. The higher thickness of MasterProtect 9000 acts as a full protection avoiding any external attacks from salts, waves, or impacts.
MasterFlow 9000 system fits the requirements of the NORSOK M-501 tests for the Splash zone and the submerged zone.
- Active zinc primer developed for the submarines of the German Navy.
- Novel corrosion protection based on polyurethane hybrid for a general long-term lifetime > 25 years.
- Highly hydrophobic for a continuous long-lasting with seawater.
- No embrittlement but remains permanently elastic even at very low temperatures.
- The coating film is above average impact- and abrasion resistant.
Secure operations :
- Support of bubble curtains for noise reduction during offshore pile-driving
- The signal yellow top coat is particularly UV-stable and retains its color fidelity.
- At layer thickness of 3000 μm down to the sea bed, reduced up to 80% of the sacrificial anodes mass and make it also possible to reduce the corrosion allowance at considerably tons of steel to save cost and weight.
Fast and cost-effective installation:
- Minimization of manpower increased number of cycles in serial production.
- All three coats can be applied within regular shift (8h).
- Primer and topcoat contain only small amounts of solvents and comply with the regulations. Polyurethane hybrid is 100% solvent free